Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Nadal Sees Off Coric Challenge

Rafael Nadal has avenged a defeat to Croatian young gun Borna Coric (Facebook) to reach the second round of the US Open on Monday night. The Spaniard, returning to Flushing Meadows for the first time since winning his second US Open title two years ago, came into the match having lost to his 18-year-old opponent in their only prior encounter – at the quarter-final stage in Basel last October.
But under lights on Arthur Ashes Stadium, the No. 8 seed ensured it would not be back-to-back defeats against the teenager, emerging 6-3, 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 in two hours and 46 minutes. “I think I played great. The first two sets I played a very high level of tennis,” Nadal said. “Seriously, then I get a little bit tired … But then in the fourth I recovered little bit. I played again more aggressive.”


Read More

usopen-2015-monday-nadal | ATP World Tour | Tennis:


No comments:

Post a Comment